Friday, July 5, 2013

Beginning a Whole New Chapter

It's already July. That is so hard to believe. I graduated high school a month ago and will start college in about a month. It's also hard to believe that I'll be moving on my own pretty soon. Not only am I going on my own, but I'm moving all the way to San Francisco. Moving from Southern California to Northern California is such a big deal for me. I'm leaving family and friends behind to go to school in San Francisco. Wow....
My biggest fear is leaving my close friends here the most. They have become my family and I just don't wanna leave them behind. Everyone is staying in Southern California but me. Honestly, it's okay. I need this move for me. I'm sure they'll understand.
For awhile I tried to make sense of why the heck I decided to attend San Francisco State instead of going to CSULB or CSUSB, where I was accepted as well. But honestly, now, I've come to terms of why I decided to move away. Southern California has been the only place I've ever really lived. Long Beach and San Bernardino, I've been there, it's something I'm familiar with.
I want unfamiliarity in this new chapter of life for me. That's why it's new. I've never been to San Francisco and it'll be new. Up north the culture seems richer and the pace of life is a little more relaxed, which I feel like I will love. But I really wanted to go somewhere different like San Francisco because there is so much world to see and there is so much more world to see than just Southern California. Because I'm just 18 and it's my first time on my own I wanted to start off small. Northern California is far from where I'm from, a different pace of life, but close enough for me if I needed my family. I'm just thrilled and ecstatic and overjoyed to start this new chapter of my life. Turning over a new leaf. Starting somewhere fresh with a new environment and a new and refined me. It's what I need.

1 comment:

  1. U shall be missed but it is decemb and ur gonna be coming home soon <3

    ReplyDelete