Monday, November 25, 2013

Just in Time For the Holidays

Thanksgiving is a few days away and it's one of my favorite holidays. Thanksgiving to me is a time of bonding and togetherness. The family gathers in one home to laugh, catch up on old times, make new memories, love,  and enjoy a delicious feast together. I won't be flying home to Southern California for Thanksgiving this year unfortunately. It'll be my first time spending the holidays away from family, but it's okay. I'll be home just in time for Christmas.

Now that I'm older there's one thing that I would love to do.That one thing is to host a Thanksgiving dinner for my close friends and family. Hosting a Thanksgiving dinner is a lot of work, but I think that there isn't a better feeling than decorating your home and preparing a meal for you and your guests to enjoy and bond over. Unfortunately, I'm a college student and I live in the on-campus dorms at my university so my budget and living situation won't allow me to do so. But in the future when I'm out of college and I have my own home I will host a Thanksgiving dinner at least once. :)

Here are some Thanksgiving recipes that I would experiment with if I were to host a Thanksgiving feast. I hope you guys find these recipes helpful and yummy like I do. To see the recipes click on the names of the dishes above the picture and it will send you straight to the recipe. 
Enjoy and Happy Holidays. :)

Yours Truly,
Carla Renee
xoxo

Pear, Arugula, and Pancetta Salad

I would make this light salad during the day before dinner. It's light and is just enough to satisfy your hunger so that you're not full before dinner.
















Nutty Brown Rice

Brown rice is a great side dish to any meal and it's really healthy for you. I love brown rice. According to Health.com, brown rice contain a healthy carb that boosts metabolism and burns fat. Certain nuts like almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts, and peanuts have beneficial effects for your health. All around, great dish. :)










Spinach Puffs

This is a quick and easy vegetarian dish. I like spinach. I think this dish is a creative and fun way of incorporating vegetables into your meal.














Classic Roast Turkey with Herbed Stuffing and Old-Fashioned Gravy

Thanksgiving Dinners always have a center piece and what better center piece than a classic roast Turkey. Turkey is like the signature dish of Thanksgiving. Nothing like a classic turkey right?











Cranberry Eggnog Tart

From experience I've learned that eggnog is a hit or miss with a lot of people. They either love it or hate it. I love eggnog! When I came across this recipe I couldn't turn it down. I looks so good. I hope someone tries this recipe.
















Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake Pie

I'm not a fan of pumpkin, but I do know that pumpkin pie is a popular dessert for Thanksgiving. I love cheesecake and ginger so I would be willing to give pumpkin another try. This looks delicious! Cheesecake is a smooth dessert so it would be a perfect way to end a great Thanksgiving dinner.











Spiced Hot Chocolate

After a long day of festivities it's nice to finish the night off with a warm cup of Hot Chocolate to unwind.














Oreo Frappe

If you prefer cold drinks at the end of the night, this just might be the one. :)
















For more recipes like these go to bigoven.com or epicurious.com where I got the recipes I posted above.

1 comment: